Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Blog post 3

There  are numerous areas of technology in general that befuddle and stymie me, but I suppose I should narrow the focus a bit. I would like to learn more about the effective implementation of YouTube in the classroom. This is also the literature review that I elected to do for this class (with Jeremy). Currently, I do utilize YouTube in my classroom, however, because BCSD filters out this particular site, I have to save the videos to a flash drive in order to show it to my classes. This may seem like a commonplace task for many, but I still am uncomfortable with this practice and often, inadvertently, fail to correctly save videos. It has really been embarrassing at times. Also, I have had the pleasure of watching videos produced by some of my colleagues throughout the district and would like to eventually place review lessons, information absent students, and parental correspondence in video format on YouTube. I want to dramatically increase parent participation in my classroom and, hopefully, using YouTube can provide me with another medium to achieve that goal, in addition to email, written letters and phone calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment