Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Blog post 4




I am not sure about the other course later this summer, so I will focus on the technology I would like to utilize beginning in the 2013-14 school year. As much of the current literature on education illustrates, today's classrooms are filled with students who are tech savvy and heavily reliant on technology. Because of that reality, I would like to introduce the use of a wiki in my classroom. The use of a wiki in my classroom really intrigues me, and using it in this class has been a tremendous learning experience for me. I believe it can be an excellent way of capturing and maintaining student attention to assignments. One way I plan to use it is to chart students' responses to reading a text and interacting with it via the wiki. For instance, this school year we read "The Giver" and scripted responses and reactions to the book in journals. This was effective, but could be made more so through the implementation of at technology such as this. Much like with Blackboard for this doctoral program, using the wiki can allow students struggling with their responses to use another students' work as a model to complete the assignment. The wiki would give students who have online access a chance to "journal" at home as well.

Using the wiki could also allow my classroom to interact with other classrooms in my school and district, not to mention beyond. I am excited about this prospect and hope that it yields favorable results.

No comments:

Post a Comment