Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Blog post 10

While I was pondering the topic of my integrated technology assignment, the suggestion was made that I consider reporting on the use of wikis in the classroom. This topic both intrigued and baffled me, as the only wiki with which I had interacted was Wikipedia, and to a extremely limited degree. During the search for material on this subject, I located a bevy of videos that elucidate the rationale and proper use of wikis in the classroom. Although there are several work viewing, the one located at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pR5yogCmkA is very informative and helpful. I plan to use wikis and blogs in my classroom in the fall and this site provides an excellent framework from which to work.

Another useful site is located at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXFsBkKA3JE. This one provides sample wiki assignments, assignment rubrics and clearly defines the characteristics of a wiki in child friendly language. I will rely heavily on this site as I prepare for implementation this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment