Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Blog post 6

It occurred to me at the beginning of this course that I am a neophyte when it comes to Twitter. Unwittingly, wife has been giving me tutorials. I casually ask her questions about how to do this or that, and she kindly answers them, largely unaware that I have absolutely no idea what some of the terminology means! I am gaining a better handle on Twitter, however. I recently opened a personal account and became a follower of Dwyane Wade, my favorite athlete, among others. I think I kind of understand the idea behind Instagram as well. I'm glad about that. Fundamentally, I don't quite get why people post up-to-the minute accounts of their day and current goings on, such as "Just came from the store" or "Watching CSI." I think it's somewhat foolish, but perhaps I don't get the kaleidoscopic viewpoint. I am much more comfortable texting or emailing, or heaven forbid, calling someone to convey ideas. Yeah, I think much of my resistance to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc., stem from the notion that I think they are unnecessary. Lucrative inventions, sure. Again, maybe I'm missing something, or maybe I'm just a 39 year old curmudgeon. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment